Fraisier Torte (Strawberry Cake)

by - May 08, 2016

Today, I'm super excited. A new gadget has come to my kitchen and let me tell you something; I think I won't be able to survive without it anymore.

I'm used to people who send me e-mails or private messages with questions about my recipes or even with demands about a particular dish they want me to cook and write/talk about.
Sometimes, there are some companies that send me products to taste or cook with so I can give my reviews to you all and this what happened a couple weeks ago.
JOLYcake reached me and after a nice chat we decided to work together and this is what came out.


Yes!. It's a Strawberry Cake also known as Fraisier Torte.

I found a ecologic strawberries at the market and I've tried one right there and they were stunishing sweet with a strong flavor. Yummy!.

Truth to be told, is not the tipical Fraisier cause I've completely changed the filling but still I wanted to keep the essence and the apareance.

The Cake
Ingredients:
  • 4 Eggs.
  • 1 pinch of Salt.
  • 100 gr. Flour.
  • 100 gr. Caster Sugar.
  • 1 tbsp Baking Powder.(You can add 25 gr. Cocoa if you want it a chocolate cake)

Directions:

  • Pre-heat the oven at 170ºC (335ºF).
  • Add a pinch of salt and whisk the egg whites until you get a fluffy and firm meringue.
  • Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until they get smooth and light.
  • Add the flour and the baking powder into the yolks mix and mix them gentle.
  • Add the meringue with a gentle movements to not to loose the air.
  • Put a baking paper in to a oven tray and spread the cake mix and bake it for 8 minuts.

The Filling

Ingredients:

  • 250 gr. Mascarpone Cheese.
  • 3 Eggs.
  • 1 pinch of Salt.
  • 4 tbsp Icing Sugar.
  • 4 tbsp Strawberry confiture.
  • 400 gr. Strawberries.

Directions:


  • Split the whites from the egg yolks.
  • The yolks with the sugar until they get smooth and light.
  • In a separated bowl and by hand, beat the mascarpone for a litle while until it gets soft and creamy then add the yolks in 2 to 3 times and mix them very careful.
  • Add the marmalade, mix well and reserve in the fridge.
  • Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk them until you get a fluffy and firm meringue.
  • Add the meringue to the yolks and mascarpone cream with a gentle movements to not to loose the air and set aside in the fridge.


How to assamble

As you can see, I used the collards that JOLYcake sent me but you can use a sprinform pan so, no worries about it.
  • Cut few strawberries in half and and chop the rest into a small pieces.
  • Cut 2 pieces of cake and put the collar around it (you can use a lil bit of tape to hold the edges) or cut the cake with your springform pan size and place it in the bottom of the pan.
  • Place the cut in half strawberries all around the pan. Add a layer of the filling and the the rest of the strawberries and cover it with the rest of the filling.
  • Set the other cake layer on the top and move the cake to the fridge for at least 4 hours. 


If you like to cook, JOLYcake collars will become one of your "must have" for many reasons.

For me, they are perfect for my ice cakes, no-bake cakes, cheesecakes... even for salty recipes.
They are clean, they hold the shape perfectly, doesn't move or create a mess.
Since you adapt them to your needs, you can make cakes as big as you want; no matter if you are looking for a 15 cm cake or 28 cm.
I like them?. Totally. In fact, I've been thinking what to cook next with them and so far, a Whisky cold-cake and something salty has came to my mind...

Enjoy!.
XOXO


You May Also Like

0 comments