Healthy Roasted Chicken with Honey and Dijon Mustard

by - March 22, 2016

Whenever I feel lazy and I don't want to spend the entire day in the kitchen I always appeal to my favorite tool; the oven. It allows me to go out and enjoy a beautiful sunny morning with my family.
Normally, a simple roasted chicken tends to be ideal to innovate with new flavors in those days when I need to prepare a quick meal.
Today's recipe was just the result of opening my pantry and see what might be useful and still simplicity and absolutely delicious.


Nutrition Info: 332 Calories; 40.5gr. de Carb; 9gr. of Fat and 7gr. Sugar.

Ingredients (for 2 servings):
  • Chicken pieces (legs or breast). 
  • 2 Potatoes . 
  • 1 Onion. 
  • Half Small Pumpking. 
  • 1 tsp Peppercorn. 
  • 2 tbsp Soy Sauce. 
  • 1 tbsp Dijón Mustard. 
  • 2 tbsp Honey. 
Directions:
  • Grease the tray with a tablespoon of olive oil, season the chicken and place it on the tray and lightly rub it with a little extra Dijón mustard. 
  • Cut the potatoes, the onions and the pumpkin into wedges, season, and distribute them on the tray. 
  • Cover the tray with foil and take it to the oven for 45 minutes at 390ºF. 
  • In a bowl, lightly crush peppercorns and mix with soy sauce, mustard and honey. 
  • After the cooking time, rise the temperature to 480°F, remove the paper from the tray, rub the chicken with the sauce and return the tray to the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. 


TIPS
  • I used 2 small trays. I thought it would look cute
  • If you put a couple slices of bread under the chicken, it will absorb all the juices and will prevent the potatoes and pumpkin from getting extra toasted.
  • However, I usually don't use the bread technique (although you can get an idea of how good the bread will taste) because I like the extra sweet touch that gives to the potato.
Enjoy it!.
XOXO

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Tiene una pinta estupenda !! A mi también me encanta usar el horno, la comida esta sana y rica rica ;)
    Besos, Ángela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias!.
      La verdad es que el horno tiene muchísima más utilidad que la de guardar las sartenes dentro :D

      Delete